Up to date EMENDY has been the pioneers in Digital Music Production Education in South Africa. Our courses and workshops are unique, since they were developed, constructed, compiled and presented from years of hands-on experience from the professionals in the music and entertainment industry as well as from other international recourses.
Our facilities and classrooms are properly equipped with state-of-the-art music and computer equipment as well as efficient lighting and air- conditioned classrooms providing an atmosphere of optimal creativity and production.
Every learner has their own dedicated workstation of which they have unlimited use till the completion of their course or program. We operate with a friendly, yet professional atmosphere in our relationships with learners, clients, lecturers and employees providing the service to the satisfaction of their needs.
Before choosing a college to start your music career - consider the following:
- EMENDY owns professional in-house commercial music production and recording studios where students get to work during their studies.
- We are so confident in our teaching methods and programs that we entrust our students to work directly with professional studio clients during their internship. This ensures immediate experience and confidence and also teaches students to work according to a deadline in pressure situations.
- The college is partnered with a music shop on the same premises which provides students with major discounts on music software and hardware during their studies.
- The college is geared towards technology - thus using operating systems, access control and equipment in and around college to streamline and enhance the student experience through technology.
- Our mission statement stresses the fact that all our course content and curriculum are revised and updated according to the latest technology and industry trends for each new course intake.
- We ensure that every aspect included in our courses contributes to our students’ education and adds a valued contribution to their knowledge and skills in his/her study field
- We follow a hand’s-on approach. Every theoretical aspect covered during your studies will be explained, tested, illustrated and exercised practically. Student assessment also includes practical application & troubleshooting. This provides the opportunity to deal with real-life situations
- At present EMENDY is the only music technology college in Sourh Africa offering Sound Engineering and Music production courses on more than 6 music recording and production software platforms namely Cubase / Nuendo / Pro Tools / Logic / Sonar / Ableton / Reason)
- At present EMENDY is the only Music technology college in South Africa registered as a both Steinberg and Pro Tools internationally authorized training centre.
- We incorporate in-depth music theory that is based on a modern and contemporary principle. Understanding music theory on an intermediate to advanced level enhances the student’s ability to be more musically creative, ensuring good compositional skills as well as the ability to communicate with other musicians on a musical level.
- EMENDY is one of the few colleges in South Africa that presents sound synthesis & design as part of their course curriculum. We also present music composition for film & TV - which is one of the biggest and highest paid services available in audio.
- We are currently presenting 8 distinct courses in Music Technology to suite a student’s needs according to duration, budget and level. This provides the students a choice to specialize or to cover all the aspects of music technology in one course.
- EMENDY secures online internet presences for all its students through various marketing campaigns and community websites. With our own independent www.musocommunity.com website students immediately gets access to a popular music portal where they can create their profiles, upload their music and advertize themselves though a single link. During their studies students are taught the ways to market themselves on various music websites and portals to get maximum exposure as an artist or producer
- As part of the EMENDY family we do our part to stay to follow our former student’s career progress and success. Additionally, we keep them up to date with possible in-house employment, industry news, product specials, new courses, free workshops, invitations to special occasions and events etc
- Job creation - At EMENDY we strive to provide our students’ with the best chance of good employment options after their studies whether through in-house employment, music employment agencies as well as our extensive industry connections
- EMENDY's courses are based on an entrepreneurial standard. This provides students with the ability to start and maintain their own independent businesses immediately after successful completion of their studies.
- EMENDY has extensive database of industry connections, which provides a wealth of knowledge for students’ starting a career in the industry
- We make sure that students are educated on the latest software versions. This will prevent students from entering the industry with knowledge based on old technology
- We have a vibrant student life & atmosphere aimed at creative interaction between the students themselves as well as the EMENDY staff
- EMENDY's facilities are designed and fitted to stimulate optimal creativity whether students are in class of working on their own projects
- Our Main Campus are situated two blocks from the Gautrain exit in Hatfield Pretoria - making it easy eccessable even if you are located in the Johannesburg area.
- EMENDY offers nationally accredited & internationally recognized full-time and part-time courses